BECOME A HOMESTAY HOST
Broaden your life experiences
Become a Host
We are currently recruiting homestay hosts in the City of Bristol, can you offer a welcoming and warm family home?
When you become a host with Stella Homestay Services, not only will you make some extra money, but you will have the opportunity to share your family life experiences and embrace different aspects of cultures and traditions.
You can choose to accommodate students on a short or long-term stay; this can be anything from a couple of days to a year. Once you are registered, you have the flexibility of accommodating students whenever is convenient for you.
If you meet our requirements and have a spare room, complete the application and we will contact you to arrange a visit.
Must meet the following criteria:-
- Age 25 plus
- Location, Central Bristol. (students prefer to travel within 45 min of their University or place of study.
- English to be the main spoken language in your home.
- Proof of UK passport or permanent residency
- Can provide our student with a private bedroom with bedding, a desk/table, chair, desk lamp, and/or wardrobe/cupboard space
- Able to provide meals; (we offer students BB, Half or Full Board)
- Students will share the living areas including the living room, dining area, kitchen, bathroom and toilet and washing/laundry facilities.
- WIFI unlimited or large data
- Insurance that will cover the student’s processions and your home and contents.
- Public Liability Insurance
- Police record check, (DBS Check)
- Two references, one personal one professional
- Fire risk assessment (Stella Homestay Services will provide guidance)
- A gas safety certificate
We will give guidance on any documentation that you may need to complete.
- Once we have received your application, we will conduct an assessment of your profile to confirm whether your home would be suitable for our students.
- Submit photos of your home along with the application, this will make it easier for our team to assess and match potential students.
- Stella Homestay Services will never publish photos of your home on any website or promotional material without first seeking permission from you.
- We visit your home to make sure you fully understand your responsibilities as a host. A member of our team will contact you to organise a visit. Home visits can take up to two hours as we will go through our terms and guidelines during the inspection and answer any questions you may have.
- We will also take photos of the guest room including the shared areas; bathroom, kitchen and living areas. Please present your home in the way you wish for it to be recorded.
- If you successfully pass our home inspection and completed and signed all the required documentation, you will be ready to begin hosting our students.
- We will send you a confirmation email or letter of acceptance as a homestay host for Stella Homestay Services along with our Homestay Host Handbook.
- Please be aware we may not always be able to place guests with host straightaway.
- We pay our hosts regularly direct by bank transfer. You won’t need to concern yourself with any financial arrangements with the students.
- A host should expect to receive their first payment 7 days after the student takes up residency in their home. Payments thereafter are made every 14 days.
- The compensation you receive for a particular student may vary; depending on the time of year, location and distance to the place of study, as well as other circumstances such as meal requirements and type of room offered.
We provide all our hosts with continuous support once you join us. Our team is always available to help mediate any issues that may arise. We are available 24/7 to assist.
My first time hosting experience.
I hosted a gentleman from Italy, at first I wasn’t sure if I really wanted to do this. Eventually, after a little persuasion from a friend who had hosted before, I hosted this gentleman for roughly 2 months, it could be more, not quite sure.
It was a lovely experience. It was like having family in my house. He was clean. He asked me how I like things to be done and what time he should come in. Also, if he was late or something came up, he always let me know. He still keeps in touch from time to time. Yes, I would definitely Host again. Thank you for the opportunity and blessings
BECOME A HOST
Ready to Start Hosting?